When the sun is impending and temperatures are rising, anyone would want to switch on the air conditioner and sit comfortably. The last thing a person wants is their air conditioner blowing warm air during summers. If your AC is blowing warmer air, there may be problems with the system that need to be solved.
We at Comfort Solutions Heating/Cooling & Duct Cleaning offer you various AC services in Lebanon, OH. Here are some reasons why the AC is blowing out warm air:
- Incorrect Settings on the Thermostat: A thermostat is a part of an AC responsible for adjusting the indoor temperature according to the outdoor temperature. However, if the thermostat is not working correctly, the AC can blow out warm air.
The first thing before inspecting your AC is to check whether the thermostat is on “heat” mode. If it is on “heat” mode, change the setting and solve your problem immediately. The second thing that you should check is whether your AC’s fan setting is on. If the fan is on, make sure you change it to “auto” mode.
If your thermostat is near direct sunlight, change its location. The poor placing of the thermostat can cause an imbalanced temperature in the room.
- Low Levels of Refrigerant: As your AC loses its refrigerant, AC’s capacity to blow cool air reduces. If the AC unit is not maintained and serviced regularly, there can be tiny holes in the coils. Hence, the refrigerant escapes through these holes, resulting in a shortage of coolant.
- No Power in the Outdoor Unit: There are two units in an AC. The outdoor unit is responsible for cooling down the air from the atmosphere and is blown out by the indoor unit. However, the outdoor unit can stop working if there is a short circuit. A broken fuse provides the outdoor unit with no energy, thus leading to malfunction.
Nevertheless, if you want to get the outdoor unit repaired, you need to consult a professional. If you want to get your AC repaired and look for air conditioning services nearby, call us for our reliable services.
- Dirty Evaporator Coils: Evaporator coils are generally in charge of absorbing indoor air and exchanging it with the cooler air made by the condenser. Hence, this is a vital part of an AC unit and needs to be taken care of.
If you haven’t checked the evaporator coils, there might be dust particles accumulated. Dirty coils use more electrical energy and thus lead to a high cost of electricity bills. Therefore, clean them to ensure the evaporator coils are running efficiently.
- Clogged AC Filters: Finally, this is one of the most common reasons your AC blows warm air. AC filters usually get clogged when they are unattended for a long time. Dust particles and debris form a layer on the filters and block the airflow. Clean the filters regularly to avoid warm air in your rooms.
Those are why your AC unit is blowing out warm air in the rooms. For your AC to remain efficient, regular service is essential to avoid future damages. If you haven’t scheduled a servicing appointment, don’t hesitate and contact us now!