Air conditioners require timely maintenance similar to any electrical appliances. AC’s are in use extensively during the summer months, reducing their efficiency every year. A simple solution to ensure the optimal functioning of an air conditioner is its regular maintenance. Not only will you save on expensive repair costs but also cut down on the surged electricity bills.
If you want a professional to check on your air conditioner from reliable AC service centers, you can look for AC service in Cincinnati, OH.
What Does AC Maintenance Consist Of?
An air conditioner maintenance consists of thorough inspections, cleaning of the internal and external components of the system, and replacement of parts. Here are some of the procedures of air conditioner maintenance:
- Thermostat: To ensure that your thermostat is functioning well, the technician should accurately measure it and ensure that it is correctly configured and positioned away from all heat sources, such as light bulbs and heat-producing appliances.
- Check Or Tighten Electrical Connections: There are several electrical connections within an air conditioner joining different parts. It is essential to inspect these connections to ensure that the system is operating safely. Checking and tightening electrical connections detects possible electrical hazards and extends the shelf life of your cooling system.
- Air Conditioner Coils: Evaporator and condenser coils need to be clean to let the air flow smoothly through them. If you delay the maintenance of the system, the coils of the indoor and outdoor parts may get soiled due to dirt, debris, grime, etc.
Not only does it restrict the airflow, but it also insulates the coil and decreases its ability to absorb heat. To avoid this issue, inspect and clean your evaporator coil once a year.
- Air Conditioner Filters: Clogged or dirty filters prevent normal airflow and significantly reduce system efficiency. Substituting a dirty, clogged filter with a clean one can reduce the energy consumption of your air conditioner by 5 to 15%. If the air filter is unclean, the air flowing through it can carry the dirt accumulated.
- Lubricate The Moving Parts: Lack of lubrication causes system parts to wear out faster, necessitating more regular repairs or replacements. Lubrication of AC parts helps in avoiding unnecessary damage due to friction.
- Check And Clean The Condensate Line: Clearing the condensate line on your air conditioner ensures that it can dissipate liquid condensate appropriately. If your drain line becomes clogged, it can lead to water leaks, moisture, and other wetness problems.
While the technician repairs or replaces the worn-out condensate drain pipe to stop the leaking, any mold or bacteria accumulated is also cleared in this process.
- Checking The Coolant Level: When the coolant level is less than the required amount, the temperature of the cooling coil drops significantly below average, and your AC stops cooling. To get a maintenance appointment for your air conditioner from a professional HVAC company, look for HVAC service in Cincinnati, OH.
Understanding how AC maintenance works helps you know when your AC needs repair and maintenance work and be able to choose the right professional for the same. We at Comfort Solutions Heating/Cooling & Duct Cleaning ensure to provide par excellence services for your air conditioner through our team of skilled technicians. Give us a call at (513) 396-7200.