Air conditioners are essential for providing cool and comfortable air in the summer. Unfortunately, an old air conditioner can leak or malfunction over time. If this happens, you may have to decide whether it’s best to repair your existing AC unit or replace it entirely.
Leaky air conditioners can be a nuisance and costly to repair, but there are times when replacement is more beneficial. At Comfort Solutions Heating/Cooling & Duct Cleaning, our AC technicians can assess the situation and help you decide which option is best for your particular needs in Cincinnati, OH. Contact us today!
Factors That Help To Make The Right Decision
Here are a few factors that can help you make the right decision to either repair or replace your leaky air conditioning unit:
- Age: An older unit serviced regularly may be more reliable after a repair than if replaced with a new system. However, if the system is over 10 years old or its SEER rating is lower than 13, you may be better off replacing your unit, as newer models work more efficiently and provide additional features.
- Efficiency: Newer air conditioners are built with energy efficiency ratings that can help save money on electricity bills over time. An inefficient AC system may cost more repairs than it would take to purchase a more efficient model.
- Repairs vs. Replacement Cost: It’s always important to compare the cost of repairs versus a new system before making a decision. In some cases, repairing your leaky air conditioner may be more expensive than purchasing a new one.
- Frequency of Repairs: If you’re constantly calling to repair your air conditioning unit, it may be time to consider replacing your unit instead.
- Leakage: Depending on the size and location of the leak, it is not always possible or cost-effective to repair the existing air conditioner. Replacing an old air conditioning unit may be the better option.
- Warranty: Always check your warranty before making any decisions on repairs or replacements. Many companies offer warranties that cover replacement parts and labor in case of failure due to manufacturer defects.
If you are trying to decide whether to repair or replace a leaky AC, give Comfort Solutions Heating/Cooling & Duct Cleaning a call; we specialize in AC repair in Blue Ash, Ohio. and we can help you determine if an AC repair or replacement is the best option for you.
Let Comfort Solutions Heating/Cooling & Duct Cleaning Help
Comfort Solutions Heating/Cooling & Duct Cleaning provides quality solutions for all your air conditioning needs. Our experienced AC technicians will inspect your unit and decide whether it is best to repair or replace your leaky air conditioner in Blue Ash, Ohio. We also provide installation, service, and maintenance services for your heating and cooling systems. Contact us at (513) 932-7200 to schedule an appointment for AC repair in Blue Ash, Ohio, and get your AC back in top shape. You can also reach out through our Facebook or Instagram pages to learn more about our services. We look forward to helping you stay comfortable this summer!