In 1895, Lennox International came into being when founder Dave Lennox invented, produced and marketed the first-ever riveted-steel furnace. Nowadays, Lennox International manufactures a line of oil, gas and electric furnaces for residential clients.
A Lennox furnace is one of the best furnaces you can buy on the market. Lennox furnace issues may differ from easy and doable fixes every homeowner can do himself to confusing repairs that need a learned HVAC technician. If your heating system overheats or experiences a malfunction, you can just reset your Lennox furnace.
Causes of the Reset Button to Trip
Furnace reset buttons may be triggered by various causes, including:
- Loss of Fuel: The reset button which is one of the most important buttons on a furnace might trip if all the fuel has depleted.
- Blocked or closed valves: Checking for any closed valves could help fix the issue. You should clean the air filters and keep the air vents open for proper airflow.
- Dirty sensor: Sometimes, the flame sensor rod may be covered with soot and silt, causing the Lennox furnace to shut off. Wiping the flame sensor rod regularly will help prevent this from happening.
- Dirty Air filter: Plugged-up air filters may cause the Lennox furnace to trip. Cleaning or changing your air filter at least quarterly will enable you to decrease the strain on your furnace and for it to keep on functioning properly.
Where is the Furnace Motor Reset Button?
- Turn off the power to the Lennox furnace at the circuit breaker which is marked.
- To access the blower motor and blower wheel which has a small yellow or red button on the side, you have to lift the blower compartment cover.
- Push the reset button down.
Given below are the 3 steps needed to reset your Lennox furnace –
- Switch off the electrical supply to your Lennox furnace which is present in an electric panel. This will eradicate the risk of any electrical devastations. Turn off the circuit breaker switch tagged “Furnace” or “Heating System”.
- Look at the control panel on your Lennox furnace which could be placed on the lowermost panel on downflow furnaces or the top panel on other models.
- Observe your furnace and look for a raised button or the “Limit Control” switch. Push and release the switch to reset your Lennox furnace. You can follow these instructions in a reverse manner if you want to replace the furnace control access panel.
Although resetting a furnace will clear small mechanical issues, it will not resolve underlying problems like faulty internal components. You will have to call a trained HVAC technician if you want your Lennox furnace up and running in perfect condition.
If you don’t know who to call for a heating tune-up near me, call Comfort Solutions Heating/Cooling & Duct Cleaning. They have top-rated experienced technicians. They always arrive punctually and are widely acclaimed for their heating service near me. You can book their services by calling (513) 932-7200.