During the summer, we keep ourselves cool by turning on the air conditioner but have you ever wondered whether you are breathing in contaminated air? If your air conditioner does not get cleaned, there is a possibility that dust, debris, and bacteria will get into the system. This reduces the quality of the air circulating, which can adversely affect your family’s health.
There are various methods to keep your air conditioning system clean. While you can perform a surface cleaning on your own, we recommend hiring our experts at Comfort Solutions Heating & Cooling for complete AC service in Lebanon, OH. Our team will clean and inspect your HVAC unit so you don’t have to worry about anything.
The benefits of cleaning your HVAC system
Dust and mold-filled HVAC units contaminate the air, and can lead to numerous health issues such as respiratory problems, allergies, itchy sensations, and more.
However, if you clean your HVAC system, you’ll get these four main benefits:
- Enhanced Efficiency and Performance: The buildup of dust and mold can slow down the unit’s performance. This is because when the evaporator coil gets covered with dust, it cannot absorb the heat completely. As a result, the air conditioner’s efficiency drops significantly.
- Proper Utilization of Energy: Air conditioners that are covered with dust and other particulates utilize 5% to 25% of additional electricity. This extra consumption of electrical energy means a hike in power bills.
- Extended Lifespan of your System: Bacteria and debris slow down the performance of your system, significantly reducing its longevity. Regular maintenance ensures your air conditioner is continuing to function at its best year after year.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: The circulation of clean air is essential to keep everyone healthy. Dirty air inside the unit results in the formation of molds or bacteria, which in turn, reduces the indoor air quality (IAQ) of the home.
How to Clean your HVAC System
Since this is a considerable project, we recommend scheduling a service appointment with a Comfort Solutions technician rather than taking it on yourself. However, if you’re interested in learning more about the cleaning process, here are some of the main steps of cleaning your air conditioner.
- Always turn off the power first
- Change or clean the air filters: Depending on if you have a disposable or reusable air filter, this is also a good time to change or clean the air filters.
- Clean the AC condenser coils and fins: Remove the side and top panels to gain access. Use a soft brush to clean the coils and fins. This is a delicate process as the fins easily bend.
- Clean the AC condenser: The outside unit has to be cleaned thoroughly because it is always exposed to harsh atmospheric conditions.
For cleaning services, you can count on our team of well-trained and knowledgeable specialists. Call us at (513) 932-7200 or click here for a free estimate.
A regular checkup and repair service is necessary to keep your air conditioner in good shape. If you have any issues with your AC Repair Blue Ash, schedule an appointment here.