Can You Clean AC Coils Without Removing Them?
Overall ac maintenance includes cleaning, checking, or repairing the components of your air conditioner system. This also consists of the evaporator coil situated inside your AC system. The evaporator coil functions to absorb heat inside your home. Then there’s a condenser coil situated outside which releases heat into the outdoor space. This is how all air conditioners work, but the efficiency of this system can decrease due to dirty coils. Hence, it’s important to maintain clean coils for efficient working of the ac unit.
Things You Would Need To Clean Evaporator Coils:
While cleaning the evaporator coils make sure you are wearing protective goggles and gloves. These things are used for precaution and protection. It’s important to protect your eyes and hands as while cleaning the coils the dirt particles might blow into your eyes. Also, don’t forget to read the manual before working on your ac system. Follow all the given instructions. If you need any professional help, Comfort Solution provides excellent ac services in Springboro
Steps To Clean The Evaporator Coil
- Start by removing the outer panel which will uncover the evaporator coil. Refer to the manual of your air conditioner, this would make your task of locating the evaporator coil easy. If you don’t have the manual, search online videos for information.
- Shut down your ac system before working on it. Remove the ac plug from the socket and be safe, you don’t want your ac to turn on accidentally while you are working on it.
- After removing the access panel, keep the screws or fasteners safe in one place so you don’t lose them while fitting the panel back to its original state. Follow a systematic method to open the access panel.
- One of the most effective ways to clean evaporator coils is by using a compressed air canister.
- The high-pressure compressed air removes dirt and debris from the evaporator coils easily.
- For removing stubborn dirt, you need to put the nozzle near the bottom of the debris. While a 90-degree approach can be used with high-pressure air.
Why Clean The Evaporator Coil?
Dirty evaporator coils affect the air-blowing process. An evaporator coil gets clogged due to dirt, pollen, or debris which results in a reduction of airflow. Such a situation causes inefficient cooling, hence keeping your home takes more to cool. To avoid this, the evaporator coil must be cleaned.
Another issue with dirty coils is that they tend to increase operating pressures which causes more load on the ac unit. This forces the ac unit to work at much hotter temperature levels. Such high temperatures are not suitable for other components, it might cause damage to them.
Always remember that a compromised evaporator coil impacts the performance of other components inside your air conditioner unit. This eventually shortens the life of your ac system, to avoid this start paying more attention to your air conditioner’s maintenance. Contact comfort solutions for any ac maintenance or ac repair in Springboro for quality technical assistance. Call us at 513 3967200.